"Staring at the blank page before you, open up the dirty window, let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find" -Natasha Bedingfield

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

You may say that I'm a dreamer...

My word for 2011 is Dream. Maybe it started with my best friend telling me I had the most dreams and aspirations out of anyone he knew, or my mom slipping in the phrase "dream big" anywhere she can, including my Christmas presents; a "dream big" laptop skin and Dream perfume (she was never one for subtlety).  Capturing my cousin's Caroline, Reese, and Luke's  many expressions pushed me to dive into my my dreams rather than watching them from afar. It's easy to say "I want to be a photographer when I grow up," its off in the distance, "when I grow up" seems like a world away to me. It's a lot harder to put myself to the challenge by replacing "later" with "right now." It forces me to push myself past my comfort level and start making my dreams a reality now.



"I believe in the power of telling our stories – the stories of how we muster up our courage and leap and dance and breathe our way into our creative dreams." -Kelly Rae Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment